I've shared what I think are the top five places to mountain bike in the US. Now it's your turn. Add a destination to my list, or come up with your own personal top five.
- My favorite places are Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vt. And Alligripis Trails in Central Pennsylvania.
- —Guest Tap
- Sedona, Arizona doesn't make the top 5? That's okay, keep it secret, it's better that way...
- —Guest Sean
- Sedona, Arizona is amazing as well. Tons of easily accessible trails for ALL skill levels. Stunning scenery as well.
- —Guest Timmay
Best Mountain Bike Places in Europe
- I think, the best place to bike is Mallorca! E.g. book over www.roxybike.com
- —Guest Mike
- Riding around Lake Tahoe Rocks. North Shore to the South Shore, West and East Shores too...
- —Guest crazytrain
- My two favorite spots so, after just 3 years of mountain biking, are the Maah Daah Hey Trail in ND and Copper Harbor in the far western end of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The MDH in ND is a 100 mile long trail through the Badlands with incredible views, unending hills and countless valleys. Suggested way to do it is by camping at night. Copper Harbor Michigan has over 100 miles of singletrack throught gorgeous northern Michigan country, that simple.
- —Guest Dan
Gooseberry vs. Moab?
- Have you been to Gooseberry? I've not been to Moab, but folks I know who have been to both usually prefer Goose, since there is slickrock along with singletrack of varying types. More variety. Can't compare them personally, though.
- —Guest Chris H
Arizona MTB rocks
- This may not be quite on par with the awesome places you've listed, but it's not too far off, either. One of my favorite places ever to ride - Fort McDowell, AZ, outside of Phoenix/ Scottsdale. 15 miles of classic desert singletrack spread out over three loops, and sections for all types of riders, from newbies to experts. You'll find steep drops and climbs, swooping turns, and some technical descents all in the middle of beautifully rugged desert terrain. Ride it once, or a hundred times - it's never the same.
My Favorite Spots
- You have some great ones on there... I would also add Durango, Gooseberry Mesa, and Whistler to the list!
- —Guest MTB Rider
My Top Place
- Lewis Morris Park in Morristown, NJ is my pick! Great for beginners who are looking for the next step in mtn biking... what goes up, must come down.
- —Guest Sumiya Qutub